“Is your swimming hour boring?? Don’t you enjoy your swimming laps???”
If I ask you these questions, I am pretty sure that you will say, “YES!”
So, how can you remove your boredom?
You can listen to music to turn your boring time into a cheerful one.
Right now, maybe you are thinking, can I listen to music while swimming?
The answer is Yes!!!
You can enjoy swimming with the lyrics of music. You can also enjoy swimming underwater.
You must want to know that, right?
Therefore, I am here today to let you know about how to listen to music while swimming?
Just go through it for the details.
How To Listen To Music While Swimming?
The easiest way to enjoy music while swimming is to set a loudspeaker beside the pool.
However, it is not a convenient way at all.
You can do this only when you are having a party with your family or friends. If you are in a public pool, loud music can annoy others.
So, it won’t be allowed there.
Now, what will you do in this case?
You can still do it without disturbing others, keeping the sound only to yourself.
You will need 100% waterproof playback device and headphones for that.
For using your headphone/device underwater, it needs to have a waterproof rating of IPX7 or higher than that.
I will discuss the IPX rating in this article later. You can have a clear idea of it from there.
It will be better if there is a Play, Pause, Change, volume button in your headphones. So that you can easily control your music system while swimming.
So, let’s know in how many ways you can enjoy underwater music.
You can use:
- Waterproof MP3/ Audio Player.
- Apple Watches. (Series 2 or newer)
- Enjoy Music While Swimming With iPhone/iPod/Android.
Now I am going to show the steps of how to play music underwater with a Waterproof Bluetooth MP3 player.
How To Play Music With Waterproof Music Players/MP3
- Take a waterproof Bluetooth MP3 Player.
- Then, you need to set up music on that device.
- Attach the device with your swimsuit or with swimming goggles.
- Take a waterproof headphone or earbuds and connect it with the device.
- Put the earpiece into your ear.
- To get the best fit, cover it with your swimming cap. (So that it does not fall)
- Play the music button and enjoy your swimming laps.
You need to know how longer & to how much depth it can be taken underwater.
To make it easier for you, I have included a list of some best waterproof MP3 payers that will be good for swimming.
Have a look.
List of Some Best Waterproof MP3 Player
- 8 GB SYRYN Waterproof MP3 Player
It is built for swimmers and rated by IPX8. You will get 10 hours of playback time from a single charge.
Its 8 GB storage is enough for up to 2,000 of your favorite songs. The SYRYN is compatible with Post-2009 iTunes Files.
Besides, it provides you with a shuffle feature.
- Pyle Upgraded Waterproof MP3 Player
It can store hours of music with its built-in 8GB flash memory.
You can submerge it fully up to 2 meters depth as it has an IPX8 waterproof rating to protect against water, sweat, and dust.
- Tayogo 8GB Waterproof MP3 Player
It is specially designed for swimming with a waterproof horn.
Just charge this IPX8 rated device for 2 hours and it will work for 6-8 hours underwater up to 3 meters.
It offers perfect bass underwater with its 0.2 inches sound unit.
- FINIS Duo Underwater Bone Conduction MP3 Player
It comes up with an IPX8 waterproof rating.
It works for 30 minutes underwater up to 3 meters in depth. This audio player is compatible with iTunes.
You will get 4 GB storage to store approximately up to 1000 songs.
Are you fond of Apple Watches?
Do you want me to share the ways of listening to music with the Apple Watch while swimming?
Ok, then let’s go for it.
Listening To Music While Swimming With Apple Watch
Apple Watch Series-1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) are Splash and Water-Resistant. Submerging isn’t recommended.
Apple Watch Series-2 and Newer are allowed for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean.
But you shouldn’t use it for scuba diving, water skiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion to a shallow depth.
How To Use:
These following steps will be applicable for Apple Watch Series-2 and newer.
- Remove the band which is attached to the watch.
- Set the watch directly onto your goggle strap.
- Connect a Waterproof headphone with it.
- Push the button to control your playlist and volume even underwater.
- To make it fitted, you need to wear a swimming cap, which will help the headphones fall.
Now, Enjoy your underwater audio with your favorite Apple Watch.
Your apple watch can be damaged when exposed to soapy water, perfume, detergents, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, hair dye.
But don’t you have an Apple watch?
You can still enjoy music while swimming with your iPhone, iPad, or Smartphone.
Enjoy Music While Swimming With iPhone/iPod/Android
- You have to get a waterproof headphone for swimming.
- Now pair it with your device.
- Leave your phone in a locker beside your pool, or you can leave it to your family members or friends.
- Otherwise, you can use a 100% Waterproof case to protect the device.
- Now set the headphone with your goggles.
You can go 200 ft deep water with your Apple swimming iPod Shuffle.
iPhone -7 to iPhone-12 all are Water-Resistant. You can take it into the water for up to 30 minutes.
But if you are thinking of swimming for like an hour or more, I would like to suggest you not take your iPhone into the water.
You can buy a Waterproof iPhone case in shops or search for it in different online stores.
If you used to listen to music on Spotify, you may think that, can I listen to music while swimming on Spotify?
Fortunately, yes! You can.
Open your Spotify app on your phone.
Select the music album, which you are willing.
Connect a waterproof Bluetooth headphone with your phone.
Now you can easily listen to music while swimming.
Well, you have got enough ideas about how you can listen to music while swimming underwater.
As I was talking about the IPX rating above, now it is time to know the details about them.
Doesn’t a question arise here?
“What does IPX mean?”
If you are not aware of this, then nothing to worry about!
Find your answer below.
IPX means Ingress Protection. It describes the level of protection of some certain devices against water.
- IPX0: Zero protection from sweat or water.
- IPX1: Can resist water that falls vertically on the headphones.
- IPX2: Can resist water targeted at the headphones from an angle less than 15 degrees.
- IPX3: Can resist water targeted at the headphones from a 60-degree angle.
- IPX4: Can repel water that falls vertically on the headphones.
- IPX5: Resistant to water contact from all directions.
- IPX6: Can easily withstand a consistent, low-pressure water jet spray.
- IPX7: Can easily survive under 1 meter of water for almost 30 minutes.
- IPX8: Can easily survive underwater deeper than 1 meter.
Let’s end it here.
Listening to music while swimming may help you to relax, get motivated and refine your skills. I have already discussed how to listen to music while swimming.
In short, you can use a Waterproof MP3 Player, Apple Watch, iPod/Smartphone etc.
BUT! If you are in a private place, having a party with friends or family, use loudspeakers.
Louder songs will be more enjoyable during swimming.
I hope you have got your answer.
Now Enjoy every lyric of your music with every lap of your swimming.
Thanks for reading this article.